Friday, July 10, 2015

May Arts Ribbon DT Audition/Tutorial (Final Round)

Hello everyone,
I cant tell you how excited and Honored I am to have been chosen among all the participants to participate in the 2nd Round (Final) for May Arts Ribbon Design Team Call. I absolutely LOVE all of May Arts ribbons,laces,trims and so on, and I would LOVE to be a Prima Ribbonista. As many of you know, I absolutely LOVE working with Ribbons,laces,and trims, and use LOTS on all my projects, its one of my favorite embellishments when it comes to crafting anything!
Today's Project is Decorated Lantern
Using May Arts Ribbon to create all my flowers for this floral piece./VIDEO Tutorial at the end of my post
For my project I decided to go a little bit outside of the box. I wanted to show that I can indeed work with ribbon, and create some beautiful flowers using beautiful ribbons, and trims from May Arts Ribbon. For the last year I have been on a floral decorating kick, and thought how fun would it be to make my flowers for the floral arrangement, instead of buying them. FUN!!!!This lantern was designed for my Kitchen. I also will be using more of the Daisy Flowers in a Mini Album, as I thought these would be perfect in one as well.
May Arts Ribbons Used: all are linked to the May Arts Ribbon Store
350-58 White sheer ruffled edge ribbon 5/8" wide(for the Daisy Flowers)
419-27 Mini Pom Pom Ribbon in Yellow(for the Center of Daisy flowers)
419-10 Mini Pom Pom Ribbon in Black(for the bee's Head, and stinger)
379-15-66 Sage Pleats Ribbon 1.5"(for the leaves on the Daisy)
379-15-33 Brown Pleats Ribbon 1.5" (for the medium size flowers)
471-15-01 White Tulle 1.5" (for Bow)also for (Bee wings)
392-58-01 Sheer Box/Pleats Ribbon White(for the Yellow on Bee) I spritz it to create the yellow
392-58-10 Sheer Box/Pleats Ribbon black(for the bee's body)
448-16 Jumbo Olive Leaves Ribbon(for mini flowers, and ran throughout the floral piece)

Video Tutorial
 Using May Arts Ribbons to Create Daisy Flowers

Thank you all for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed my video Tutorial on making Ribbon Daisies using May Arts Ribbon
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl

2 comments:

Gloria Freeman White said...

what a creative mind, that is so beautiful I love it and I want one! you are a Ribbonista! well what else could one back from such a beautiful person! I love your work Cheryl you put so much into it and it shows baby! good luck, but you won't need it! xoxoxo

Linda Pekrul said...

Such a beautiful project! Love it! The flowers are gorgeous and I love that you even created a little bee!!